In 4 days Aubree and I are going to be dropped off in Rome. We have 12 days to find our way to Barcelona in order to catch our ride home. Here are the conditions we are traveling by:
- We will carry moderate sized backpacks with only the essentials.
- Other than the first couple of nights in Rome, we have no reservations for lodging.
- We only speak English (well, Aubree does speak bit of Spanish and I speak Afrikaans…but doubt that is going to help much).
- We have no itinerary on where we are going.
- We have limited funds.
- We want to have fun.
- Neither of us has ever been to Italy, France, or Spain and…
- We don’t know anyone there.
Considering I normally like to have things well planned (I had South Africa planned down almost to the bathroom stops), this is going to be an adventure to say the least. Aubree still isn’t exactly sure what she wants to do, so we are going to wing it I guess. The thought causes my stomach to churn a little…but I suppose one way or another we’ll survive, have fun, and learn a thing or two.